Going forward.... and back

I'm trying really hard to get back on the horse with blogging. Not only I am trying to go forward, but I am trying to go backwards at the same time. My pictures are always dated, so I am going to try to post the appropriate days backward. It may not have all the fun quips the kids says, but it will be recorded. This blog is for my kids. I want them to have these memories. So, I am going to try to tell them about my childhood, and theirs too! I will have "Memory Monday" where I will write about my childhood. "Throwback Thursday" will be about things that were popular or in style when I was growing up. Dare I say, I actually had an idea for Wednesdays, but I already forgot it? I guess it's good that I am writing things down.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Big stuff....

So my little one made progress today. She rolled from her tummy to her back for the first time. It's pretty exciting considering they said they would not remove her helmet until she accomplished this goal! So yeahhh!

Also, I have a confession. I am the slacker parent who dreads teaching their child to ride their bike without training wheels. Almost as much as I dread teaching them to tie their shoes. Is that awful to admit? It's like I have this fear. Those are BIG ACCOMPLISHMENTS! Those are thing BIG KIDS do. It scares me how quick my children are growing up. So, Elaina still has training wheels on her bike. And she's totally cool with it. I mean we have a lot of falls just on our own two legs, so any extra help..... the weather was gorgeous today. 78* in January!! We were playing outside and Elaina is riding her bike around, and all of a sudden one of her training wheels falls off. (FYI- her DAD put them on) She took a small tumble, and cried a little. I walked over, picked up the wheel and tried to show her she could ride with one training wheel and try to balance a little. She rode some on her one wheel, with the biggest grin. A big girl grin. I am taking in those moments of seeing them conquer new things.

As I scooted them up to bed tonight, and yelled up for them to brush their teeth, and I would tuck them in in a minute, Elaina yells back down, "mom, in case you see I have different underwear, it 'cause I got them from nurse Nancy (school nurse). I didn't know if I had to fart or poop, and it ended up that a poop came out. So she gave me new panties. I forgot my poop underwear there, so maybe you can ask for them back from her tomorrow.". Trying not to laugh uncontrollably, I said "I'm not sure she will save them. I think I'll just let her throw those away."

Man, being a mom is hard work. But, boy do they make me smile!

No comments: